Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Everyday Reasons to Smile

I have been thinking about starting a blog for awhile. The trouble is, I don't have a hook. I am not a writer, and I am not a photographer. I do not have kids, and my job isn't super blog-worthy.

But I am a person who loves life.

I cherish the little things that happen in a day. I love the way it smells outside after it rains. The way my dog's entire butt wags when she sees me. The way my cul-de-sac becomes a parking lot for power wheels at 4pm everyday.

And I love to read blogs.

So after being a lurker and a reader of so many other blogs, I am going to start my own.

I don't know what the topics will be. But I do know it won't be perfect. It will have spelling mistakes. It will have grammar mistakes. And the pictures will probably have my thumb in the corner.

But it will also have lots of love and smiles.

I heard in a class once that we only remember 30% of our "memories" unless we do something with them. This will be my attempt to salvage those precious, everyday smiles. I love life too much to voluntarily give up 70% of my memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment